Saturday, March 10, 2012

March's Surprise Planned Date Night

DATE NIGHT

For Christmas, one of the gifts that I gave my husband was a year's worth of preplanned date nights - all scheduled, with a babysitter and all! There are no excuses at all not to go on the date!

Here is the deal - each month has a sealed envelope marked with the month and date to open the envelope. In each envelope, there is just enough details about that days date - so he can be prepared. Such as, what to wear if there is special attire, etc..

Rules -
  • No cell phones. We have them with us because of the kids, just not to use them (well except to take a pic or two!).  
  • If at dinner - sit close and next to one another. If in a booth, same side. Yup, giddy like teenagers! You should see the looks we get. It is funny.
  • Hold hands. A lot. Touching is encourage. Now, I am not a big fan of PDA. So, we keep it PG and to the hand holding.

Each date is something that is out of both of our comfort zones. Things that we would not typically do. No mundane dinner and movie nights here! All things that will make us laugh and enjoy the evening.
Last night's date night theme was ROCK STAR! It was to involve anything to do with the words Rock and/or Star.

I began the date by presenting my Husband with a gift - I bag of STARbursts and told him he was my ROCK STAR!

We don't have too many options that fit into the theme - but one that was fun sounding and why I chose to go ahead with this theme when I saw it - ROCK wall climbing! We went to Lewis and Clark Outfitters. Very cheap and SUPER fun! You can climb the wall for $2 a try!

I did the driving, to keep Sean in the dark about our date plans. All the way until we walked into the store! I have to admit that I was nervous at first! I made Sean go first!






I got the hang of it and scaled the wall pretty quickly. Yes, I am proud! Not only because I did it, but because I have found that as I have grown older, I have also a fear of heights. So, this is a big deal on many levels for me!

The next part of the date is suppose to be dinner at a location that includes rock or star in the name. But there is not any local. Especially any that I can keep to my diet and keep to my diet during Lent. So, we went to Copeland's and enjoyed a wonderful dinner and each other's company.

The final part of the date Sean had to choose Novice, Armature or Expert. He went with Novice out of concern of what I was going to have him scale next! It was to go home, snuggle and watch a movie with ROCK or Star in it. We were going to watch School of Rock.

The unfortunate part of the Date Night is that we go on Friday nights. With the schedules of having to be up very early to bring Mom to dialysis in the morning and Sean having to be to work in the morning for the Saturday work meeting. To say the least, we were exhausted before the movie and both opted to pass out! ROMANTIC aren't we!

I highly recommend doing these date nights. They are a lot of fun. They have to be dates that are not typical. I found the ideas for mine on the following sites:

The Dating Diva's - which is where I saw the Rock Star theme - and the ideas were from this specific entry - Rock Star Date



Which I found these and many others through Pinterest!

HAPPY DATING! If you have an amazing date theme or idea, share with me! I am open to ideas!


Love and XOXO,

Kerry




No comments: