Monday, March 23, 2009

Month of March

This month has been a busy one as usual.

Seamus has been a busy little boy. He continues to amaze me in how much he learns. He is so much like his older brother - and yet so different. This month he is saying "Oh oh" and waving good bye. He takes steps and stands on his own. Yet he completely refuses to walk! I really wish he would do it soon. Especially now that the nice weather is here. It will be so much more fun playing out in the yard and at parks if he is not crawling!


Liam continues to baffle me in so many ways. He is so intellegent. I enjoy having little conversations with him and teaching him different things. He is so beautiful!
This month we have been busy potty training. What a chore! I don't know how mothers get through this. It is so frusterating trying to explain to a 2 year old why we don't want to pee in our pants. The good news is - we are basically there!! He was easy to train to go "poopie" on the potty. The struggle was going "pee pee". He has occasional accidents, but is going to his potty. He even goes in public! Now just to convince him that he needs to wear his big boy underpants and we will be there.
The other struggle is sleeping through the night in his own bed. I have always been very proud that my children have been easy to go put down for the night. That has changed. Every night over the last couple of weeks, Liam gets out of his bed to come to our bed. It is frusterating. Not only for the reason that most of us know - there is not a child out there who sleeps straight and doesn't toss and turn ALL night long. But we know how important it is for Liam to be use t sleeping in his own bed at night!

In Sean's world - things have been good. Not really much to report there. He has been busy working and putting together all of the stuff we have been getting for the house.

My world has been a roller coaster ride. If you know me, I don't like roller coasters so much - especially since I have gotten older. Things with work have been difficult. I don't think that when people make changes that they understand the total impact of that change. Example - new toy testing regulations is costing the toy manufactures tons of money. Money that is hard enough to come up by during a tough economy. So of course, we have to find ways to compensate. FUN!
Currently, I am looking for a different oppurtunity that will allow me to take my current skills and apply them while learning more.

As a family we have been busy trying to keep busy. This past weekend we brought the boys to the Museum of Discovery in Little Rock. The drive is long! But the Museum was okay. It was one of the nicer ones I have been to in years. The boys had so much fun looking at different things and learning about things from tornados to bugs to trains and electricity. After we joined their Uncle Keith for a nice mexican dinner. Keith has been in Little Rock working for the last few months - so the boys loved being able to see him and spend some time with him.

I can't wait to see what the next few weeks hold in store for us! We will keep you posted. Til then, XOXO!

No comments: